There are many jobs out there. You may work in an office, a shop, on the road or a building site. Many people drive for a living … taxis, public buses, trains. None of these jobs though would be quite as interesting and varied as being a bus driver for Boomerang Bus Hire on the Sunshine Coast.
Of course there are many straight-forward, much enjoyed journeys. School excursions, school runs, field trips, corporate transport, airport runs and golfing trips are among them. However there are jobs that are not so predictable. In fact some are pretty wild, maybe even too wild to mention in this blog.
We decided to ask our drivers about some of the more unusual charters they've done with Boomerang. Here are the top five (in no particular order):
- A group of TAFE students booked Boomerang Bus Hire to take them from Mooloolaba to Airlie Beach … and back again. Two drivers were assigned this trip to allow continuous driving. The students got a surprise when the drivers picked them up at 5.30am dressed in tuxedos. The rest was history and firm friendships were made.
- One driver arrived for a standard pick-up at Yandina Station. He was to help transport some of the 300 attendee’s home from a function. It all seems to be running smoothly until Ned Kelly jumped aboard the bus for a surprise hold-up. As you can imagine, this was the last thing the driver had expected.
- There was a profitable trip to the Caloundra Races for one driver. He had taken his lunch and paper to keep himself occupied in the car park while he waited to do the return trip. It just so happened that the group had a spare ticket and insisted he accompany them to the races. Well he drove home with $300 in his pocket and a smile on his face.
- A real winner, and still much talked about, was the driver of a bucks party who made an impromptu stop by a cricket game in the Hinterland. Did he imagine it or did the Buck just streak through the middle of the game? I guess as the driver, you have to turn a blind-eye at times.
- A charter to Logan presented an expected surprise for a driver when he was invited to join his group on their night out. Being a spectator at a cage fighting event was not how he’d envisaged spending his evening, but he thoroughly enjoyed it.
Boomerang Bus Hire has been in business since mid 2012 and has taken over 500 charters in and around the Sunshine Coast. The team love the variety of the excursions they get involved in, and are always keen to swap stories.
Hopefully there will be many more stories to tell as the charters keep rolling in. We will of course keep you updated.
"Thank you for the brilliant service that you provided for our weekend on the Sunshine Coast. I'm so glad that I booked you. We saved loads of money travelling together on a bus instead of getting taxis. And it was good to have the same smiling, friendly and helpful driver throughout our stay."
Call now for a quote 1300 BUS MAN
or request a call back by entering your details below